Is kratom legal Near Me in 2022. An open letter from a kratom advocate, entrepreneur and herbal practitioner.
Is kratom legal near me in 2022 throughout the USA and the World?
Kratom. Like most herbs on this planet, it is not for everyone. This, however, should not be considered a problem. The simple principal of natural medicine is what may kill me, may cure you and vice versa. The idea and concept that should be understood is that your own body chemistry is just that, your own. You own it. Therefore, you should be able to put whatever herbs you feel like into its blood stream. Especially leafs off of trees. And thats right, kratom is a leaf of a tree. Unfortunately for kratom, its leaves are the primary carriers of its most potent ingredient, Mitragynine. Kratom, aka Mitragyna Speciosa, is known throughout the world as a healing herb.
Who uses kratom? If you were strolling through the forests of Indonesia, you might find kratom growing all around you. In fact, if you stubbed your toe, had a headache, was tired or had some other ailment, your guide might hand you a kratom leaf to chew on. Traditionally, throughout the world, herbs and plants are chewed to release their potencies. Chewing the leaf, followed by brewing a tea, are perhaps the original methods humans consumed plant medicines.
The history of plant medicine is as old as the history of people.
We as a species have relied on our natural environment to feed, heal and protect us. And that includes using all its plants. In this mans humble opinion, all plants should be able to be grown and used on the private properties of grown adults. I don’t think there exists an herb on this planet that should be made illegal to grow in the secluded privacy of ones own home.
Whether or not kratom is for you is up to you. However, you must adhere to the laws of each state and country. Here is a list of where kratom is currently legal and illegal as of October 1, 2022.
Click here to buy your very own kratom tree.
IS KRATOM LEGAL NEAR ME IN 2022
Kratom is illegal in Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Vermont, and Wisconsin. US Army soldiers cannot use kratom.
- Jerseyville, Illinois
- ONLY PLACE IN FLORIDA Sarasota County FL. In Florida, Kratom is legal except in Sarasota County
- For Illinois, kratom is legal to sell to adults but is illegal in Jerseyville
- Kratom is a Schedule 1 controlled substance in Alabama.
- Tennessee kratom is illegal to buy, sell or use
- Arkansas law prohibits the use of Kratom
- Indiana considers Kratom to be an illegal and synthetic substance (synthetic? really Indiana?)
- In Wisconsin, Kratom is illegal and is a Schedule 1 controlled substance.
STATEWIDE KRATOM STATUS 2022
KRATOM LEGALITY IN THE US 50 STATES INCLUDING HAWAII AND ALASKA
- Is kratom legal in Arkansas? Kratom is illegal and banned as of February 1, 2016.
- Kratom legality in Alabama? Banned as of May 10, 2016.
- Is kratom legal in Indiana? Banned and illegal
- Kratom legality Rhode Island? Banned and signed into law on May 31, 2017.
- Is kratom legal in Vermont – Banned
- Kratom legality Washington D.C. – Banned by resolution on December 12, 2016.
- Kratom legality Wisconsin – Banned
- Is kratom legal in Alaska – Legal
- Kratom legality Arizona – Legal
- Is kratom legal in California – Legal except for San Diego city and the city of Kratom legality Oceanside.
- Is kratom legal in Colorado – Legal
- Kratom legality Connecticut – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Delaware – Legal
- Kratom legality Florida – Legal except for Sarasota County.
- Is kratom legal in Georgia – Legal
- Kratom legality Hawaii – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Idaho – Legal
Kratom legality Illinois – Legal for adults except for Jerseyville
- Is kratom legal in Iowa – Legal
- Kratom legality Kansas – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Kentucky – Legal
- Kratom legality Louisiana – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Maine – Legal
- Kratom legality Maryland – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Massachusetts – Legal
- Kratom legality Michigan – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Minnesota – Legal
- Kratom legality Missouri – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Mississippi – Legal except for Union County.
- Kratom legality Montana – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Nebraska – Legal
- Kratom legality Nevada – Legal
- Is kratom legal in New Hampshire – Legal for 18+ only.
- Kratom legality New Jersey – Legal
- Is kratom legal in New Mexico – Legal
- Kratom legality New York – Legal but, the sale and distribution of Kratom are banned.
- Is kratom legal in North Carolina – Legal
- Kratom legality North Dakota – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Ohio – Legal for now because the process of scheduling Kratom as a Schedule I substance is ongoing.
- Kratom legality Oklahoma – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Oregon – Legal except for Ontario
- Kratom legality Pennsylvania – Legal
- Is kratom legal in South Carolina – Legal
- Kratom legality South Dakota – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Tennessee – Legal for 21 and over as of July 2018.
- Kratom legality Texas – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Utah – Legal
- Kratom legality Virginia – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Washington – Legal
- Kratom legality West Virginia – Legal
- Is kratom legal in Wyoming – Legal
- In the states where Kratom is legal, you can grow and use it, but you can’t sell it. It is not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Is kratom legal in Canada? As a botanical only
Here is more information on the International Legality of Kratom, kratom extracts and Kratom powder.
Where internationally is kratom legal?
- Kratom in the Bahamas – Legal
- Barbados Kratom – Legal
- Kratom in Belize – Legal
- Costa Rica Kratom – Legal
- Kratom in Cuba – Legal
- Dominican Republic Kratom– Gray area
- Kratom in Guatemala – Legal
- Honduras Kratom – Legal
- Kratom in Jamaica – Legal
- Mexico Kratom – Legal
- Kratom in Nicaragua – Legal
- Saint Lucia Kratom– Legal
- Kratom in Trinidad and Tobago – Legal
Is Kratom Legal in Asia?
Kratom is illegal in Asia. It is, however, not banned all across Asia. Kratom is illegal in Asia according to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) that states Kratom cannot be a dietary supplements or used in medicines.
ASEAN countries that prohibit kratom
- Laos Kratom
- Cambodia Kratom
- Malaysia Kratom– Banned in 2003.
- Brunei Kratom
- Indonesia Kratom
- Myanmar Kratom
- Vietnam Kratom
- Singapore Kratom
- Thailand Kratom – Completely banned in 1979. In December 2018, however, Thailand legalized Kratom for medicinal use only.
- Philippines, Kratom is also prohibited
- South Korea Kratom – Kratom is also highly illegal in South Korea. It is so illegal, however, If you import or export Kratom, you risk jail term and fines.
- In Japan, Kratom is illegal.
- The legal status of Kratom is not clear in China.
- Also the laws there are harsh, and one risks death penalty if found importing drugs. Therefore it is risky to import Kratom there.
Kratom in India
In India, Kratom is legal. However it is hard to get and often substituted with Mitragyna Parvifolia,
- South Africa. Just like any other herbal remedy in South Africa, however, Kratom is legal in South Africa. Although the Drug and Drug Trafficking Act of 1992 doesn’t criminalize Kratom, it is wrong to sell it as medicine.
- Kratom has to be approved by the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA). This is yet to happen so it can only be sold as a herbal remedy legally.
Is Kratom Legal in 2022 Africa. AFRICAN KRATOM STATUS ALSO REMAINS MURKY
Kratom in South America, However, is Stable
- Brazil is the only country in South America where it is clearly stated that Kratom is illegal.
- In Colombia, border officials have reported to causing issues. Why? Because of mistakenly identifying Kratom as coca leaves. It is therefore risky to travel with Kratom from the USA to Colombia.
- What is the legal status of Kratom in other South American countries? However, there is no reliable information for now on the legality of Kratom in the below countries:
- Argentina also
- Bolivia also
- Chile also
- Ecuador also
- Guyana also
- Paraguay also
- Peru also
- Suriname also
- Uruguay also
- Venezuela also
IS KRATOM LEGAL IN 2022 Europe – Europe uses the same currency and has no borders, legislation is different depending on the country.
- United Kingdom – Importing, exporting and selling of Kratom, however, was legal as of 2016. As of May 2016, however, the UK Psychoactive Substances Act came into effect and listed Kratom in the list of psychoactive substances.
- Ireland – illegal.
- In the following European countries, Kratom is illegal and controlled.
- Turkey also
- Poland also
- Romania also
- Russia, also
- Sweden also
- Latvia, also
- Lithuania also
- Italy – It is illegal to import, sell, or also possess it.
- Finland and Denmark. Kratom is a controlled substance but legal.
- Germany – If found with it you risk fines, penalties and jail term as stipulated by the German law.
- In other European countries, it is also legal to use Kratom.
- Australia also banned kratom in 2003.
- In New Zealand, it is illegal to grow Kratom, sell, or buy Kratom. Because you can only use Kratom if you have a medical prescription.
- In Poland and Romania, however, Kratom is a controlled substance.
- In Norway, Kratom is a prescription drug only. Because you need a doctors prescription to buy kratom.
The legal status of kratom in 2022 is not clear in the following countries:
- Fiji – also one of the origin countries for kava
- also Kiribati
- also Marshall Islands
- also Micronesia
- also Nauru
- aslo Palau
- also Papua New Guinea
- also Samoa
- also Solomon Islands
- also Tonga
- aso Tuvalu
- Antarctica – There is no information on whether Kratom is illegal or legal in this continent.
For information on selling your own herbs in an Online Farmers Market, check out Plant Medicine Mafia.