Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Kratom Powder. Kratom Capsules. Kratom Extract. A Matter of Preference?

When you buy kratom powders online or in the shops, what form do you choose and why?

Kratom extract, powder, capsules and even vapes are out there. Here is a quick breakdown of the kratom forms and the reasons to buy them. There are several different kinds of kratom but only a few commercially available forms. Kratom powder, of course, is the most popular. Green Maeng da, specifically, is referred to as the Coca Cola of kratom. Meaning it is popular throughout the world.

kratom extracts

Green Maeng Da powder is the most popular and also perhaps the most used form of kratom throughout the world. Powdered kratom is used in kratom capsules. Kratom capsules are a different form altogether. Kratom capsules are usually be made of gelatin, which is derived from beef. There are vegetarian options when you buy kratom capsules. These consist of either tapioca or Vegetable Cellulose, also known as HPMC capsules. These types of vegetarian kratom capsules are made of Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, which comes from vegetable cellulose which is made from the natural cellulose of either pine or poplar.

Most kratom capsules are made with beef gelatin and purified water. When capsules have a white color it is an indication that the capsule are made with titanium dioxide, a naturally occurring mineral.

kratom extract
Ultra filtered kratom extract.

Kratom Extract

Kratom extract, the most most concentrated form, is available as powders, liquids, tablets, capsules and gel caps. Kratom extract is usually 45% Mitragynine or 80%. For the 45% kratom extracts, each ml is the equivalent of about a gram of powder. On paper it is less than a gram but factoring absorption rate, I would say it feels more along the lines of a full gram of kratom powder. The 80% will be about double that or about 2grams per ML.

When you buy kratom extract look for:
  • Third Party Lab Test Results
  • Customer Reviews for Reputation of Trust
  • Percent Mitragynine on Bottle (45% is most popular).

Mitragynine is the main active alkaloid in Kratom. Most people prefer full-spectrum Kratom extracts. Whether isolated or full-spectrum, most Kratom extract labels state the percent concentration of Mitragynine, which directly correlates to its purity and potency.

Compare us to other brands. We sell our 45% extract at the same price most other brands sell their 10% extract.

Soulful Herbals Full Spectrum 45% Kratom Extract contains 45% Mitragynine, with the remaining 55% composed of other kratom alkaloids and inactive ingredients. Each gram of Soulful Herbals 45% Kratom Extract features 450 milligrams of pure Mitragynine. 


Botanical extracts should primarily be consumed by experienced users of kratom.

For more information on the online farmers market coming soon called Plant Medicine Mafia, go to the page and sign up for the newsletter.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shopping Cart
Are you 21 or older? Soulful Herbals requires our customers to be age 21 or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click "Exit" to leave.